Investing.com – India equities were lower at the close on Friday, as in the sectors propelled shares .
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ), which unchanged 0% or 0 points to trade at 157.50 at the close. Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) unchanged 0% or 0 points to end at 479.80 and Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) was unchanged 0% or 0 points to 1136.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Britannia Industries Ltd (NS: BRIT ), which unchanged 0% or 0 points to trade at 3501.50 in late trade. Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ) unchanged 0% or 0 points to end at 17990.20 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ) 0% or 0 points to 2268.35.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which unchanged 0% to 1136.00, IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was unchanged 0% to settle at 938.30 and Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which unchanged 0% to close at 6923.85.
The worst performers were Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was unchanged 0% to 17978.15 in late trade, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which unchanged 0% to settle at 2268.10 and Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was unchanged 0% to 1712.65 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1599 to 224 and 15 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2551 rose and 717 declined, while 92 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was unchanged 0% to 27.0600.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.63% or 12.05 to $1911.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 3.68% or 3.32 to hit $93.53 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 2.10% or 1.95 to trade at $94.94 a barrel.
USD/INR was unchanged 0% to 74.859, while EUR/INR unchanged 0% to 84.6985.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 96.112.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.