Investing.com – India equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Metals , Fast Moving Consumer Goods and Power sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Consumer Durables , Banking and Oil & Gas sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Adani Port and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ), which rose 4.29% or 31.35 points to trade at 761.40 at the close. Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) added 4.12% or 22.10 points to end at 558.85 and SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ) was up 3.22% or 29.90 points to 958.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ), which lost 4.54% or 67.70 points to trade at 1423.95 in late trade. IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) declined 2.28% or 21.35 points to end at 913.60 and Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) shed 1.78% or 35.45 points to 1959.05.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which rose 3.98% to 558.70, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which was up 2.27% to settle at 2407.35 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which gained 2.14% to close at 6598.30.
The worst performers were Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which was down 4.58% to 1423.60 in late trade, IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which lost 2.24% to settle at 914.00 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was down 1.76% to 1959.25 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1035 to 640 and 80 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1764 rose and 1162 declined, while 158 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 2.89% to 23.6925 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.75% or 13.25 to $1780.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.11% or 0.07 to hit $63.65 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.18% or 0.12 to trade at $66.64 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.15% to 73.942, while EUR/INR rose 0.11% to 89.1140.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.18% at 91.108.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.