On Monday, India's major stock market indices, the Sensex and Nifty 50 , experienced a midday surge due to gains in several key sectors and companies. The Sensex rose by 250.63 points to 64,033.43, while the Nifty 50 increased by 67.05 points to reach 19,114.30. These gains were largely driven by positive performance in Reliance Industries Ltd., HDFC Bank Ltd., Bharti Airtel Ltd., ICICI Bank Ltd., and Tata Consultancy Services (NS: TCS ) Ltd.
Additional momentum was provided by progress in the oil and gas sector, as well as the telecommunications sector. The S&P BSE Oil & Gas sector also advanced, contributing to the overall positive market sentiment.
Despite this overall growth, there were some areas of decline within the market. Auto and consumer durables stocks saw a decrease, as did Axis Bank Ltd., and NTPC Ltd.
Amidst this high market uncertainty, VK Vijayakumar of Geojit Financial Services Ltd. advised investors to exercise caution when investing in large-cap stocks. On a similar note, Deven Mehata from Choice Equity Broking Pvt. suggested that the Nifty may find support at 18,950 with resistance at 19,100 while Bank Nifty may get support at 42,550 with resistance at 42,900.
The market's performance has been influenced by a variety of external factors as well. The ongoing ground war in Gaza has had an impact, as has the hawkish stance of the Federal Reserve due to the U.S. inflation rate standing at 3.7%. Despite a decline in S&P BSE MidCap and SmallCap indices, the market has managed to recover from a significant support level of 18,840.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.