By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com — Interactive Brokers Group Inc (NASDAQ: IBKR ) announced earnings per share of 83 cents on revenue of $603 million. Analysts polled by Investing.com anticipated EPS of 83 cents on revenue of $671.17 million.
IBKR's commission revenue increased $32 million, or 11%, from the same period last year on higher customer options and futures trading volumes and higher average per share commission in stocks.
Meanwhile, net interest income increased $70 million, or 31%, on higher margin loan balances and strong securities lending activity; customer accounts increased 56%, and Total DARTs increased 16%.
Following the fourth-quarter report, the company's shares have fallen 1.81% to $70.66.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.