Coin Edition -
- IOHK and MELD collaborate to address an issue on the Cardano testnet.
- MELD delays mainnet launch to ensure the security of user assets.
- IOHK states it is committed to supporting DApp and DeFi projects building on Cardano.
Blockchain research and development company Input Output Hong Kong (IOHK) has announced a collaboration with MELD, a DeFi protocol built on the Cardano blockchain, to address an issue affecting Cardano transaction processing on the preprod testnet.
We are working closely with the MELD team on a solution to the issue currently impacting Cardano transaction processing on the preprod testnet. We appreciate that MELD has brought this issue to our attention. https://t.co/rkkHc1FcR5
— Input Output (@InputOutputHK) April 6, 2023
In a tweet, IOHK stated that they were working closely with the MELD team to find a solution to the issue and appreciated that MELD had brought it to their attention. The collaboration comes after MELD identified the issue during a thorough security analysis of its lending and borrowing protocol on the blockchain.
MELD had previously delayed the launch of its protocol on the mainnet until the issue was resolved to ensure the security of user assets. In addition, MELD confirmed that they were collaborating with Input Output Global (IOG) on testing with the next iteration of the node software to understand better how they might jointly address the issue. They also confirmed that they would provide further feedback on progress during April.
The announcement from IOHK highlights the company’s commitment as a Cardano partner to address any issues that may impact the Cardano blockchain platform and its users. IOHK expressed appreciation for MELD’s efforts in bringing the issue to their attention. MELD, on their part, also acknowledged the support of IOG engineers.
The company added that they were also exploring several short and medium-term solutions for their development or plans to launch on Cardano. MELD further stated that they would open-source their smart contracts, and once a solution is in place that sufficiently mitigates the issue, they would make the required adjustments to their code base and launch on the mainnet.
IOHK has further stated that they always value collaboration with DApp and DeFi projects building responsibly on Cardano and will continue to support MELD during their journey to mainnet launch.
The post IOHK Joins Forces with MELD to Tackle Cardano Transaction Issue appeared first on Coin Edition.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.