Coin Edition -
- Elon Musk, the owner of social media app Twitter, is aiming to bring out a major “PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL ) update” to Twitter.
- Musk is reported to be quietly funding Dogecoin development as well.
- DOGE currently trades at $0.06331, after a climb of 1.50% over the past week.
According to recent reports, Elon Musk the billionaire tech entrepreneur, is aiming to bring out a major “PayPal update” to Twitter. Many speculate that this could cause widespread crypto market chaos. Additionally, Musk is reported to be quietly funding Dogecoin development.
As per a recent Forbes article, Musk is now planning to turn Twitter into an updated version of PayPal, and is currently working on acquiring licenses for the same. DOGE fans have speculated that it is possible DOGE could be registered as a payment option in the updated Twitter app.
Musk has already stated several times that there are plans to upgrade Dogecoin to rise above Bitcoin and other major crypto, and become what he calls the “currency of Earth.” Back in July, the billionaire replaced the Bird picture on Twitter (X) for a day with an image of the Dogecoin symbol. Following this, DOGE fans rejoiced and believed there would be much more in store for the memecoin since its most vocal advocate had taken over Twitter.
It is interesting to note that during his initial days after taking over Twitter, Musk introduced ideas about building a new social media platform on the blockchain. At the time, Musk also mentioned that this new platform would use DOGE as its payment currency. Revelations from Musk’s new biography show his thought process behind this idea.
Meanwhile, DOGE, like most other crypto, is currently showcasing marked improvements from its abysmal performance earlier last month. According to CoinMarketCap, DOGE’s price was able to climb by more than 1.50% throughout the past week, which left it trading hands at $0.06331. This meant that, at press time, DOGE was trading very close to its daily high of $0.06372. DOGE enthusiasts expect the memecoin to soar as Musk, its Patron Saint, brings about new developments to uplift the coin.
The post Is Elon Musk Quietly Funding DOGE Development? appeared first on Coin Edition.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.