At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 rose 0.28%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were Pacific Metals Co., Ltd. (T: 5541 ), which rose 11.34% or 257.0 points to trade at 2523.0 at the close. TDK Corp (T: 6762 ) added 11.22% or 460.0 points to end at 4560.0 and NEC Corp. (T: 6701 ) was up 11.01% or 490.0 points to 4940.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included NSK Ltd. (T: 6471 ), which lost 10.68% or 83.0 points to trade at 694.0 in late trade. Toray Industries, Inc. (T: 3402 ) declined 10.08% or 73.1 points to end at 652.0 and NTN Corp. (T: 6472 ) shed 6.99% or 16.0 points to 213.0.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1805 to 1759 and 215 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was unchanged 0% to 25.22.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was up 0.06% or 0.05 to $88.20 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April rose 0.06% or 0.05 to hit $89.31 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.47% or 8.40 to trade at $1803.40 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was down 0.12% to 114.96, while EUR/JPY fell 0.02% to 129.26.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 96.510.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.