At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 fell 0.03%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were JFE Holdings, Inc. (T: 5411 ), which rose 5.07% or 78.0 points to trade at 1617.0 at the close. Shionogi & Co., Ltd. (T: 4507 ) added 4.65% or 316.0 points to end at 7106.0 and Rakuten Inc (T: 4755 ) was up 3.99% or 43.0 points to 1122.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included DIC Corp (T: 4631 ), which lost 2.71% or 85.0 points to trade at 3050.0 in late trade. Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd. (T: 3382 ) declined 2.48% or 125.0 points to end at 4908.0 and Ebara Corp. (T: 6361 ) shed 1.84% or 100.0 points to 5340.0.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1806 to 1685 and 265 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was unchanged 0% to 19.56.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for October delivery was down 0.19% or 0.13 to $67.41 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in November fell 0.17% or 0.12 to hit $70.29 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.81% or 14.70 to trade at $1793.80 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was up 0.15% to 109.79, while EUR/JPY rose 0.05% to 128.90.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 93.010.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.