Japan shares lower at close of trade; Nikkei 225 down 0.83%
Investing.com – Japan equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Paper & Pulp , Railway & Bus and Real Estate sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 lost 0.83%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were CyberAgent Inc (T: 4751 ), which rose 15.28% or 298.0 points to trade at 2248.0 at the close. Fujitsu Ltd. (T: 6702 ) added 7.50% or 1215.0 points to end at 17405.0 and Sojitz Corp. (T: 2768 ) was up 6.19% or 19.0 points to 326.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included TOTO Ltd. (T: 5332 ), which lost 8.40% or 520.0 points to trade at 5670.0 in late trade. Sony Corp (T: 6758 ) declined 7.71% or 910.0 points to end at 10900.0 and Z Holdings Corp (T: 4689 ) shed 7.17% or 39.0 points to 505.0.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1965 to 1557 and 236 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was unchanged 0% to 19.61.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was down 0.68% or 0.44 to $64.57 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July fell 0.48% or 0.33 to hit $67.72 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.15% or 2.65 to trade at $1770.95 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was down 0.07% to 108.83, while EUR/JPY fell 0.14% to 131.79.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 90.695.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or