By Peter Nurse
Investing.com -- Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Tuesday, April 19th. Please refresh for updates.
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR ) stock rose 0.3%, adding to Monday’s gains made on reports of private equity interest in the social media company, potentially creating a battle for control after the company last week rejected a hostile $43 billion approach from Tesla CEO Elon Musk.
Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX ) stock rose 0.3% ahead of the streaming giant’s quarterly earnings, due after the close. Market research firm Kantar said that U.K. households had canceled 1.51 million subscriptions from all services in the three months through March, casting a shadow over the company’s release.
Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ ) stock fell 0.4% after the drugmaker suspended the sales forecast for its Covid-19 vaccine due to global supply surplus and demand uncertainty, as well as cut its adjusted profit forecast.
Travelers (NYSE: TRV ) stock rose 0.6% after the insurer posted a hefty 48% jump in quarterly profit, helped by lower catastrophe-related claims than expected.
WeWork (NYSE: WE ) stock rose 5.7% after Piper Sandler initiated coverage of the commercial real estate company with an ‘overweight’ rating, saying it will be cash-flow positive by the second quarter of 2024.
Roblox (NYSE: RBLX ) stock fell 2.8% after Goldman Sachs downgraded its stance on the gaming company to ‘neutral’ from ‘buy’, saying its user growth could decelerate in a post-pandemic world.
Halliburton (NYSE: HAL ) stock fell 2.8% after the oil services company recorded a charge of $22 million for the writedown of its assets in Ukraine. The sharp rise in oil prices helped the company post an 85% rise in first-quarter adjusted profit.
American Campus (NYSE: ACC ) stock soared over 12% after the Wall Street Journal reported that asset manager Blackstone has agreed to buy the student-housing owner for about $12.8 billion including debt.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS ) stock fell 0.6% after the toymaker missed quarterly profit expectations and warned of a potential revenue hit of about $100 million this year due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Zendesk (NYSE: ZEN ) stock rose 6.8% after Bloomberg reported that the software company is working with an advisor over a possible sale.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ACAD ) stock fell 7.6% after it stated that its experimental drug to treat post-operative pain did not meet its primary goal in a Phase 2 study.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.