(For a live blog on European stocks, type LIVE/ in an Eikon news window)
* FTSE 100 up 0.4%, FTSE 250 adds 0.7%
June 17 (Reuters) - London's FTSE 100 rose for a second straight day on Wednesday as investors remained optimistic about a post-coronavirus economic recovery, with energy firm SSE Plc jumping after posting an upbeat annual profit.
The renewable power generator and network operator SSE.L jumped 8.7% to the top of the FTSE 100 even as it warned of a hit to profit for the current year due to the impact from the coronavirus crisis. blue-chip FTSE 100 .FTSE was up 0.4% after ending Tuesday with its best session in a month due to robust U.S. economic data and positive results from a UK drug trial in reducing COVID-19 death rates.
Online fashion group Boohoo BOOH.L surged 10.2% as it forecast annual results ahead of market expectations, thanks to strong demand for its brands and apparel during coronavirus-led lockdowns.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.