Investing.com -- Lululemon Athletica reported Thursday fiscal first-quarter results that beat analysts' forecasts as lower transportation costs and growth in China bolstered results.
Lululemon Athletica Inc (NASDAQ: LULU ) was up about 10% in after-market trading.
The company announced EPS of $2.28 on revenue of $2.00 billion. Analysts polled by Investing.com anticipated EPS of $1.96 cents on revenue of $1.92B.
"A meaningful acceleration in our China sales trend, coupled with lower air freight, contributed to our better than planned financial performance," the company said.
Comparable sales increased 14%, with comparable store sales up 13% and direct to consumer net revenue up 16%
Gross margin increased 360 basis points to 57.5%.
For Q2, the company sees diluted earnings per share in the range of $2.47 to $2.52 and revenue in the range of $2.140B to $2.170B, in line with estimates of $2.49 per share and $2.16B respectively.
For 2023, diluted earnings per share was forecast in the range of $11.74 to $11.94 for the year on revenue of $9.440B to $9.510B.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.