MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: MKTX) the operator of a leading electronic trading platform for fixed-income securities, announced the appointment of Nancy Altobello, as Lead Independent Director of the Board, effective April 13, 2023. She succeeds Stephen P. Casper, who has served in the role of Lead Independent Director since 2012. Mr. Casper will continue his service as a director.
“Steve joined our Board at a pivotal time in our company history and provided oversight during a period of tremendous growth, including our addition to the S&P 500 index," said Rick McVey, Founder and Executive Chairman of MarketAxess. "We are extremely grateful for his many contributions as Lead Independent Director for the past decade and for the counsel he'll provide to MarketAxess in years to come."
“Nancy’s appointment to Lead Independent Director of the Board makes perfect sense. Her extensive audit experience, along with her deep global expertise in managing talent, diversity, and corporate culture, have made her an invaluable director over the past few years, and I look forward to our continued collaboration and partnership,” said Chris Concannon, Chief Executive Officer of MarketAxess.
"I am honored to serve as Lead Independent Director of the Board and would like to thank Steve for his leadership over the years," said Nancy Altobello. “Over the course of my career, I have had the privilege of working with corporate boards around the world and I am honored to continue working with the incredible Board that Rick and team have built and our shareholders have entrusted to provide oversight of MarketAxess. This company has a strong record of accomplishment and, I believe, an even greater opportunity ahead.”
Ms. Altobello brings more than three decades of global audit and talent management experience to the Board. Most recently, she served as Ernst & Young’s Global Vice Chair, Talent, where she led the company’s global talent function covering more than 250,000 people in over 150 countries. Ms. Altobello joined Ernst & Young in 1980 and held a variety of senior roles including Managing Partner - North American Audit Practice, Managing Partner -Northeast Region Audit and Advisory Practices and Americas Vice Chair, Talent.
Launch of 2022 Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) Report
“Our Board plays a leading role in providing oversight and setting priorities for our ESG initiatives,” continued McVey. “I’m especially proud that our corporate governance policies, as detailed in the MarketAxess ESG Report issued today, have consistently been recognized as among the best of our peers.”
To read the report and learn more about MarketAxess’ ESG efforts, visit: https://www.marketaxess.com/sustainability
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.