By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com -- MarketAxess Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: MKTX ) shares fell 11% Tuesday after it reported its monthly volume statistics for March.
The electronic trading platform said its total monthly trading volume of $895 billion was its second-best month on record.
However, the company's total credit monthly average daily volume (ADV) of $12.4 billion was down 3% from March 2021, which looks to have worried investors.
In addition, MarketAxess also reported a record monthly emerging markets ADV of $3.2 billion, a record monthly municipal bond ADV of $294 million, and a U.S. Treasury monthly ADV of $26.1 billion.
"These strong results include record quarterly emerging markets, municipal bond and U.S. Treasury volume, reflecting the powerful diversification of our global marketplace,” commented Rick McVey, chairman and CEO of MarketAxess.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.