Mercedes me Eco Coach App Clocks Up More Than 50,000 Users
For Mercedes-Benz (ETR: MBGn ) customers who opt for an all-electric or plug-in hybrid (PHEV) vehicle, the smartphone app Mercedes me Eco Coach offers the support of a personal trainer for environmentally conscious driving.
So far, the app is providing more than 50,000 users with helpful and fun advice on the best way to make the most of an electric drive. Of those downloads, more than 24,000 are by users in Germany.
The carmaker is celebrating this milestone by offering vouchers for its Mercedes me Charge service, which are available as prizes in the integrated bonus scheme with a 50 percent discount.
Users can collect points in the app by successfully mastering an array of challenges – for instance, by achieving the highest possible proportion of electric driving or by charging for several days in a row. There is also the opportunity to participate as part of the Eco Coach community in fun competitions which change every month. Users can exchange the points they collect for prizes.
The initiative is aimed at app users in Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden and Denmark. Discounted charging vouchers are available from now until 31 October 2022 inclusive, and valid for two years from issue.
“With Eco Coach, customers of our all-electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids can get to know their car better, increase the efficiency of their driving style and thus protect the environment,” says Markus Schäfer, Member of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Group AG, Chief Technology Officer, responsible for Development and Purchasing.
“With its gamification approach, the free app shows that resource-saving driving can be really fun.”
Significantly improved driving style and charging habits The Eco Coach is designed to make the transition to electric mobility easier for Mercedes-Benz customers, to provide them with information and to motivate them through its gamification elements. And it’s proving successful. Users of the Mercedes me Eco Coach driving the brand’s PHEVs achieve a proportion of electric drive averaging 58 percent.
Analysis from the anonymized backend of the Eco Coach app show that this is 22 percent more than those PHEV drivers who do not use the Eco Coach. Drivers of all-electric vehicles are also turning in an excellent performance. Their average state of charge (SoC) after a charging session is 79 percent – which is just one percentage point lower than the figure of 80 percent recommended by Mercedes‑Benz for the longest possible battery life.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or