Today, the US stock market opened with mixed results as the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained steady while both the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Composite experienced slight dips. The S&P 500 fell by 6.56 points to 4180, and the NASDAQ Composite declined by 14.81 points to 12806.
Simultaneously, US debt market yields saw a decrease across various maturities. The 2-year yield stood at 5.087%, the 5-year yield at 4.864%, the 10-year yield at 4.921%, and the 30-year yield at 5.062%.
In corporate news, Meta Platforms Inc (NASDAQ: META ).'s (NASDAQ:FB) shares tumbled $11.03 to $288.53 today, despite reporting an earnings per share (EPS) and revenue beat in their recent financial results. The decline in share price was attributed to weak guidance provided by the company for future performance.
On the other hand, shares of ServiceNow Inc. (NYSE:NYSE: NOW ) surged $40.88 to $571 following their positive earnings report. This stark contrast in performance between Meta and ServiceNow highlights the varying impacts of corporate earnings reports on individual stock prices within the broader market landscape.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.