BTIG analysts initiated research coverage on MicroStrategy Incorporated (NASDAQ: MSTR ) with a Buy rating and a $490 per share.
The analysts argued that MSTR “serves as the best vehicle for investors to gain exposure to bitcoin (BTC) due to five key qualities: 1) ease of access, 2) downside protection, 3) access to capital markets, 4) underlying cashflow-positive software business which generates cash to acquire more bitcoin, and 5) the ability to actively manage bitcoin.”
According to filings, MicroStrategy owns over 152,000 bitcoins that are valued at about $4.7 billion based on yesterday’s price while MSTR’s market cap sits around $5.2B. According to BTIG’s calculations, the company's share price is 92% correlated to the price of bitcoin over the last two years.
They also highlight that the company is “the largest publicly traded, independent business intelligence (BI) company in the world.” As a result, MicroStrategy’s "One MicroStrategy" business plan puts the company well-positioned to provide “a premier BI offering.”
MSTR shares are down 1.6% today.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.