Midday movers: Boeing, Silvergate Capital, Palantir Technologies and more
By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- Stocks were mixed on Tuesday after a slightly hotter than expected consumer price index for the year ending in January. Here are the midday movers for Feb. 14.
- Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) shares rose 1.4% after the White House announced that Air India had ordered more than 200 planes from the U.S.-based plane maker, including 737 MAX jets, 787 Dreamliners, and 777x models.
- Silvergate Capital Corp (NYSE: SI ) shares rose 13.3% after getting some attention from professional investors. Citadel Securities and Soros Fund Management both disclosed stakes in the crypto-related company, which has been weighed down after FTX's bankruptcy in November.
Palantir Technologies Inc (NYSE: PLTR ) shares are up 16% after the data analytics software maker announced its first profitable quarter , with stronger than expected revenue.
- Avis Budget Group Inc (NASDAQ: CAR ) shares rose 7.8% after the rental car company reported better-than-expected adjusted earnings per share and revenue for the recent quarter, citing strong holiday travel demand and commercial business.
Zoetis Inc (NYSE: ZTS ) shares rose 5.9% after the maker of pharmaceuticals for pet health reported better-than-expected adjusted earnings per share for the fourth quarter .
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or