Midday movers: Delta Air Lines, Aspen Group, Charter Communications and more
By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- Stocks were rising on Wednesday as investors prepared to hear the Federal Reserve's decision on interest rates and forecasts for the economy. Here are the midday movers for Dec. 14.
Delta Air Lines Inc (NYSE: DAL ) shares rose 2.6% after the carrier forecast positive trends for next year, saying earnings should nearly double and revenue should rise 15% to 20% over this year as travel continues to recover from the pandemic.
Aspen (JO: APNJ ) Group Inc (NASDAQ: ASPU ) stock jumped 13.8% after the online education company reported stronger than expected revenue for the recent quarter . Revenue was $17.1 million, and a restructuring helped lift the margin to 60% from 51% in the same quarter last year.
Charter Communications Inc (NASDAQ: CHTR ) stock fell 13.7% after executives outlined plans to spend on building out its high-speed broadband network, boosting capital spending to $9.1 billion this year and $10.5B in 2023. Spending was $7.6B last year.
Moderna Inc (NASDAQ: MRNA ) stock was up another 7.7% after jumping more than 20% on Tuesday on the heels of a successful test of its skin cancer vaccine used alongside Merck's (NYSE: MRK ) Keytruda treatment.
Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA ) stock was down 0.6% hitting another 52-week low, after Goldman Sachs cut its price target on the stock to $235 from $305 a share. The electric vehicle maker's shares are down 54% so far this year.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or