Midday Movers: Enphase Energy, Spotify Technology, Seagate Technology and More
By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- Stocks were mixed on Wednesday after disappointing big tech earnings weighed on the growth sector. Here are the midday movers for Oct. 26:
Enphase Energy Inc (NASDAQ: ENPH ) shares jumped 10% after the solar company beat estimates for profit and sales and said there was strong demand for its microinverters and battery systems.
Spotify Technology SA (NYSE: SPOT ) stock fell 11% after the music streaming platform posted a wider than expected loss but said monthly active users were better than expectations.
Seagate Technology PLC (NASDAQ: STX ) stock fell 6.6% after announcing plans to lay off 3,000 workers amid a broader industry slowdown in PC sales and cloud computing.
Alphabet (NASDAQ: GOOGL ) (NASDAQ: GOOG ) shares fell 7.8% after the parent of search giant Google reported its fifth-straight quarter of weaker revenue growth as the slowdown in digital advertising hit its business.
- Harley-Davidson Inc (NYSE: HOG ) stock jumped 11% after the motorcycle maker said strong pricing and higher shipment numbers helped it beat estimates for the recent quarter .
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or