Midday Movers: Lululemon Athletica, Broadcom, Costco and more
By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- Stocks were mixed on Friday after stronger-than-expected data on producer prices fanned the flames of recession fears. Here are the midday movers for Dec. 9.
Lululemon Athletica Inc (NASDAQ: LULU ) stock fell 12% after beating expectations for the most recent quarter . The athleisure apparel maker forecast fourth-quarter EPS of $4.20 to $4.30 a share, slightly below the $4.30 forecast by analysts.
Broadcom Inc (NASDAQ: AVGO ) stock rose 3.4% after the chip maker gave an optimistic forecast for revenue and boosted its dividend. After beating expectations for the most recent quarter, it said it would resume stock buybacks.
Costco Wholesale Corp (NASDAQ: COST ) stock rose 1.5% after the warehouse retailer reported adjusted earnings that fell below expectations on an 8% gain in revenue. Same-store sales gained 6.6%, which was better than November.
Bath & Body Works Inc. (NYSE: BBWI ) stock rose 1.4% after Dan Loeb's Third Point reported a 6% stake and said it might push for governance changes, including changes to board composition and other issues before the next shareholder meeting.
DocuSign Inc (NASDAQ: DOCU ) shares rose 16.3% after the e-signature platform beat expectations and said books and subscription renewals were stronger than expected.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or