Midday movers: MGM Resorts, Tapestry, Mattel and more
By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- Stocks reversed earlier gains on Thursday after strong earnings reports from Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS ) and other large companies. Here are the midday movers for Feb. 9.
- MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM ) shares rose 8% after the resort and casino operator beat expectations from the recent quarter, citing positive momentum especially in the Chinese gambling mecca of Macau after the government removed COVID-related restrictions on travel.
- Tapestry Inc (NYSE: TPR ) shares rose 5.3% after the luxury fashion house, home to Coach and Kate Spade brands, reported better than expected results for the holiday quarter and provided upbeat guidance.
Mattel Inc (NASDAQ: MAT ) shares fell 10% after the toymaker reported results that missed expectations for the fourth quarter and said it expected sales to continue to shrink in the first half of this year as retailers work through inventory.
- Affirm Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: AFRM ) stock fell 18% a day after the buy now pay later fintech announced it would cut 19% of its workforce amid a more challenging economic environment. Sales and revenue fell short of forecasts, and its near-term outlook is also below expectations.
International Flavors & Fragrances Inc (NYSE: IFF ) shares fell 17% after it said revenue fell 6%, below expectations. The company supplies to the food and beverage, personal care, fragrance and health industries.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or