By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- Tech stocks were rising on Tuesday after producer price data from October showed new evidence that inflation is cooling, stoking hopes the Federal Reserve will ease back on future rate hikes. Here are the midday movers for Nov. 15:
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (NYSE: TSM ) shares rose 10% after Berkshire Hathaway disclosed it had taken on 60M shares of the chip maker in the third quarter, valued at about $4 billion as of Monday's closing price.
Home Depot Inc (NYSE: HD ) stock rose 0.4% after the home improvement retailer beat expectations for the recent quarter, showing resilience despite a slowdown in the housing market. Same store sales rose 4.3% and beat forecasts. It reaffirmed its guidance for the full year.
Krispy Kreme Inc (NASDAQ: DNUT ) stock rose 0.6% after the donut retailer had better than expected third-quarter sales and reiterated its 2022 forecast. Sales in Canada and the U.S. rose 12% in the recent quarter.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.