Midday Movers: Peloton Interactive, Etsy, Moderna and More
By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- Stocks were falling on Thursday as investors absorbed the Federal Reserve's latest statement on interest rates and indicated it had more work to do to tame inflation. Here are the midday movers for Nov. 3.:
Peloton Interactive Inc (NASDAQ: PTON ) shares rose 4%, erasing earlier losses, after the connected fitness company forecast a weaker-than-expected holiday quarter. Its CEO did say the layoffs were done and that the company had begun to turn around.
Etsy Inc (NASDAQ: ETSY ) stock rose 14% after the craft marketplace beat on revenue expectations and said gross merchandise value should grow in the fourth quarter to $3.6 billion to $4 billion from the $3 billion reported in the third quarter.
Moderna Inc (NASDAQ: MRNA ) stock fell 1.8% after the Covid-19 vaccine maker said sales next year are forecast to be lower than expectations. It forecasts Covid vaccine sales in 2023 at a baseline of $4.5 billion to $5.5 billion. Analysts are forecasting $9.5 billion.
Roku Inc (NASDAQ: ROKU ) shares slid 2.9% after the streaming device platform said holiday quarter ad sales could fall on macroeconomic concerns as companies pull back their marketing spending.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (NYSE: RCL ) shares rose 5.7% after the cruise operator posted a quarterly profit , its first since the start of the pandemic. Despite beating expectations, it disappointed on its guidance for the current quarter.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or