Midday Movers: Roblox, Bank of America, Archaea Energy and More
By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- Stocks surged on Monday after Bank of America beat expectations and set a positive tone to start a busy week of earnings. Here are the midday movers for Oct. 17:
Roblox Corp (NYSE: RBLX ) shares jumped 21.9% after its September numbers came out strong. Daily active users are up 23% from last year, to 57.8 million, hours engaged on the platform rose 16%, and estimated bookings are up 11% to 15%, to $212 million to $291 million.
Bank of America Corp (NYSE: BAC ) shares rose 5.6% after the lending giant said profit and revenue beat expectations and net interest income rose 24%. Bank of New York Mellon (NYSE: BK ) shares also rose 4.8% on gains in net interest income amid rising interest rates.
Archaea Energy Inc (NYSE: LFG ) shares jumped 53% after the renewable gas producer announced British oil major BP (NYSE: BP ) will buy it for around $4.1 billion.
Continental Resources Inc (NYSE: CLR ) shares rose 8.6% after founder and Chairman Harold Hamm said he and his family would take the company private, offering $74.28 a share for the part they don't already own.
Airline stocks got a boost on Monday after data from the Transportation Security Administration showed 2.495 million people passed through TSA checkpoints on Sunday, the most this year so far and the most since Feb. 11, 2020, right before the pandemic was declared. Deutsche Lufthansa (ETR: LHAG ) AG ADR (OTC: DLAKY ) shares jumped 3% after it reported strong travel demand trends. United Airlines Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: UAL ) shares rose 1%, while American Airlines Group (NASDAQ: AAL ) rose 0.1%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or