By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- U.S. stocks lost steam after Friday's job's report showed more jobs were added than expected in June. Here are the midday movers for July 8:
Upstart Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: UPST ), the lender that uses artificial intelligence, fell 20% after it warned it wouldn't meet already lowered profit forecasts for the second quarter.
GameStop Corp (NYSE: GME ) shares fell 4.4% a day after the company replaced its chief financial officer and announced plans for layoffs.
- Costco Wholesale Corp (NASDAQ: COST ) shares rose 1% after the warehouse retailer announced a gain in June sales, thanks mostly to higher gas prices.
- Amazon.com Inc (NASDAQ: AMZN ) shares fell 0.8% ahead of the e-commerce giant's Prime Day sale that starts next week.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.