By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com -- U.S. stocks are mixed Wednesday despite an overall positive start. Here are the midday movers on Wednesday, April 20th.
Allovir Inc (NASDAQ: ALVR ) stock jumped 28% after the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted Regenerative Medicine Advanced Therapy designation to its lead investigational drug, posoleucel.
Netflix Inc (NASDAQ: NFLX ) is currently down 36% after it reported earnings after the close Tuesday in which it revealed a loss of over 200,000 subscribers, its first loss in subscribers in over a decade. The streaming giant also forecasts further losses in Q2.
International Business Machines (NYSE: IBM ) is trading 7% higher following its first-quarter earnings report after the closing bell Tuesday. The company beat analyst earnings and revenue expectations.
ASML Holding (AS: ASML ) (NASDAQ: ASML ) has risen 3% following its earnings report before the open, in which it beat Wall Street forecasts for earnings per share and revenue. The company said it experienced strong demand from chipmakers.
Despite an initial rise premarket, Lululemon Athletica Inc (NASDAQ: LULU ) is now down 2.8%. The apparel company revealed a five-year plan to double revenue, which focuses on quadrupling international sales and doubling revenue from its men’s and digital operations.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.