Midday Stock Movers: Meta, Netflix, Airline Stocks
By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com -- U.S. stocks are up Thursday, although they have slipped from their highs earlier in the session. Here are the midday movers on Thursday, April 21st.
After beating earnings and revenue estimates, Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA ) is trading around 6.5% higher midday. The company posted earnings per share of $3.22 on revenue of $18.76 billion.
United Airlines (NASDAQ: UAL ) is up over 12%, while American Airlines (NASDAQ: AAL ) has gained over 6%. Other airline stocks are also climbing Thursday after UAL and AAL said they expect to return to profitability in the current quarter.
Netflix Inc (NASDAQ: NFLX ) is currently down another 5.6% after it revealed on Tuesday it lost 200,000 subscribers in the last quarter and expects a further loss of 2 million paid subscribers in the current quarter.
Nucor Corp (NYSE: NUE ) posted an earnings and revenue beat , sending its stock more than 7.9% higher around midday. The steel company reported earnings per share of $7.67 on revenue of $10.49 billion.
Cyngn Inc (NASDAQ: CYN ) stock is one of the biggest movers Thursday, surging 78% on the back of news it has launched DriveMod Kit, a turnkey autonomous vehicle solution.
Meta Platforms (NASDAQ: FB ) stock has slipped 4.5% after allegations against chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg recharged worries about senior management ethics at the company.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or