By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com -- U.S. indices are trading lower midday Monday, with the S&P 500 at -0.4%. Here are the midday movers on Monday, March 28th.
Beyond Meat Inc (NASDAQ: BYND ) was downgraded by Piper Sandler to Underweight from Neutral Monday on concerns regarding growing competition. They also lowered the price target on BYND to $29 from $50.
Coinbase Global Inc (NASDAQ: COIN ) shares are trading just under 8% higher midday after reports the cryptocurrency exchange is closing in on a deal to buy 2TM, the parent of Brazilian cryptocurrency brokerage Mercado Bitcoin.
Foot Locker Inc (NYSE: FL ) is 3.7% lower after the company was downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Cowen, with analyst John Kernan stating he is more cautious following March data.
Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL ) is at -0.67% on reports it will cut iPhone SE production by approximately 20% next quarter due to weaker than expected demand.
Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA ) is trading 6.7% above Friday's close after the electric vehicle leader said it will ask shareholders to vote at its annual meeting to increase the number of additional shares to enable a stock split.
Xpeng Inc (NYSE: XPEV ) reported a narrower than expected quarterly loss, but vehicle deliveries guidance for the first quarter came in lower than expected. The stock is down 2%.
Kaixin Auto Holdings (NASDAQ: KXIN ) surged Monday morning, now trading 29% higher after it announced it has entered into a strategic partnership that sees Beijing Camping Club Sports and Culture Communication Co agree to order at least 20,000 new energy vehicles from Kaixin over the next five years. The value of the vehicles is approximately $938 million.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.