Investing.com - The fall of Bitcoin and the overall cryptocurrency market in recent weeks has hit Bitcoin mining stocks hard, sometimes falling more than the cryptocurrency itself.
But as Christopher Brendler, an analyst at investment bank DA Davidson, pointed out in a research note published yesterday, this fall has created buying opportunities.
"While the slightly riskier market and the decline in BTC may have contributed, we also think the group moved a little too fast," Brendler said, adding that the fundamentals of bitcoin mining companies "remain fantastic".
Brendler pointed out that Core Scientific, which plans to go public via a SPAC, is his favourite bitcoin mining stock "buy-and-hold", and also sees potential upside in shares of Hut 8 Mining Corp (NASDAQ: HUT ) and Argo Blockchain (NASDAQ: ARBK ).
Recall that Hut 8 shares rose 4.6% yesterday on the Bitcoin rally, while Argo Blockchain fell over 3%.
But it was Bitfarms Ltd (NASDAQ: BITF ) and Bit Digital Inc (NASDAQ: BTBT ) that were the biggest risers yesterday, taking off by 10.08% and 11.96% respectively, much stronger performances than Bitcoin itself, confirming the potential of Bitcoin mining stocks as a leveraged bet on the cryptocurrency.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.