Monte Rosa Therapeutics, Inc. (GLUE), a clinical stage biotechnology company developing novel molecular glue degrader (MGD)-based medicines, today announced the appointment of Anthony M. Manning, Ph.D., to its Board of Directors. Dr. Manning is a highly accomplished drug discovery leader in the field of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
”Dr. Manning brings extensive knowledge and experience in the field of immunology and inflammation to our Board of Directors, and we’re delighted to have him on our team,” said Markus Warmuth, M.D., CEO of Monte Rosa. ”Tony’s experience developing multiple first-in-class therapeutics for the treatment of immune-driven diseases will be invaluable, particularly as our VAV1 program for autoimmune diseases approaches the clinic, followed closely by our NEK7 program for inflammatory diseases. We are proud to pioneer the development of MGDs beyond oncology and in particular, in the areas of immune and inflammatory conditions. With the team we’ve assembled and leveraging the power of our QuEEN™ platform to discover highly selective MGDs of key drivers of a variety of crucial immune cell pathways, we are confident we can help a broad group of patients with high unmet medical needs.”
Dr. Manning serves as a Board Director for Palatin Technologies, Founder and Chair of the non-profit Institute for Biomedical Entrepreneurship, and Scientific Advisor for several companies. Most recently, Dr. Manning was Chief Scientific Officer at Momenta Pharmaceuticals, where he built a pipeline of first-in-class therapeutics for the treatment of autoantibody-driven diseases. Momenta was acquired by Johnson & Johnson Corporation in 2020 for $6.5 billion. Prior to Momenta, Dr. Manning led research and drug discovery efforts at Roche Pharmaceuticals, Pharmacia Corp., Biogen Idec, and several early-stage biotechnology companies. Dr. Manning has contributed more than 120 scientific publications and patents in the fields of autoimmune diseases, novel therapeutics, and drug discovery.
“The ability to eliminate immune targets previously considered undruggable, like VAV1, affords Monte Rosa an incredible advantage, particularly when you consider the incredible specificity of degradation demonstrated by their preclinical data,” said Dr. Manning. “I am excited to support Monte Rosa Therapeutics on its path to become the first company to progress the concept of molecular glue-based protein degradation into the immunology and inflammation field, and think the team and company are uniquely positioned to do so. I look forward to working with the Board and leadership team as they advance the company’s pipeline and bring differentiated and transformational MGD-based therapies to patients.”
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.