MTN (JO: MTNJ ) GlobalConnect is honoured to have been awarded Best Fibre Infrastructure Deployment – Africa, Best Regional Diversity and Inclusion programme, and Best Smart Africa Infrastructure Solution at the prestigious Telecom Review Awards hosted in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. MTN’s GlobalConnect CEO, Frédéric Schepens, received the Africa CEO Merit leader of the year for operator’s award in recognition of his contribution to the Industry and visionary initiatives driven to unlock connectivity in Africa.
Telecom Review Excellence Awards recognises industry leaders and businesses, celebrating innovation, vision, and excellence awarding the industry’s best companies, projects, and partnerships. The awards received are reflective of the innovative work driven by our diverse teams and our global partnerships that are focused on driving digital solutions across MTN’s footprint in Africa.
Frédéric Schepens, MTN GlobalConnect CEO, said: “We are humbled as a company to receive these awards. In less than five years, we have successfully developed from a small team to an operating company. With a highly diverse team of 32 nationalities, fuelled with an entrepreneurial spirit, working together across 19 markets with a shared vision to deliver on our purpose of enabling a modern connected life in Africa.
These awards further recognise our strategic partnerships with leading carriers, hyperscalers and telecoms service providers and our continued investment towards strengthening our digital infrastructure and wholesale services portfolio with a mission to build the digital highways of communication that will connect the African continent.
We thank Telecom Review for the recognition, as it positions our company as the partner of choice, ensuring we create value in the countries where we operate. At the heart of our #GrowAfrica strategy is to make connectivity possible and accessible and enable the entire digital ecosystem through our fibre and wholesale mobility services on the African continent. We aim to provide affordable, high-quality coverage from East to West Africa that will foster innovation, expand the African digital economy, and contribute to socio-economic growth across our footprint.
MTN GlobalConnect is well positioned, with a single-entry doorway powered by a state-of-the-art network ecosystem seamlessly integrated with >100 000 km of fibre infrastructure, providing access to more than 280 million subscribers in Africa through MTN’s Network. At the heart of our strategy is to contribute to MTN Group’s Ambition 2025 strategy, Leading digital solutions for Africa’s progress, and furthering digital inclusion on the continent we call home.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.