MTN (JO: MTNJ ) Group today announced the appointment of Christian Bombrun as CEO: Digital Platforms, effective 1 September 2022.
Bombrun takes over from Minnie Harris, who has been acting in the role since April 2022.
Harris, who has been double-hatting over the past four months, will now focus solely on her responsibilities as Chief Financial Officer (CFO): Digital Platforms.
In his role, Bombrun will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the long-term growth and commercial strategy for Digital in MTN.
“Bombrun is a seasoned professional in the areas of entertainment, digital and technologies, and brings 25 years of experience to MTN,” said Jens Schulte-Bockum, Group Chief Operating Officer.
Bombrun joins MTN from the Emmanuel Macron presidential campaign in France, where he was the Head of Communication and Digital.
Before this mission, he spent eight years at Orange in France and corporate, where his roles included Director of Products and Services for the French market and Director of Orange Content at the group level (2020-2021).
At Orange, his responsibilities included product design for the consumer market, as well as managing the pay TV and Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD), music games, IoT and financial services, OCS the Orange pay TV company, and the Orange movie studio.
Bombrun’s other roles include Deputy Managing Director of M6 Web (the online and digital division of M6 Group) and Director of Marketing and Business Development at the Canal+ Group.
He holds a Masters Degree in Management Science at IMT Business and a Masters Degree in Television, Telecoms and Internet, from Dauphine University (Paris).
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.