MTN (JO: MTNJ ), Africa’s telecommunications service provider, is elevating customer
experience through partnering with global consulting firm Accenture (NYSE: ACN ) and customer experience solutions provider Genesys.
This initiative aims to redefine customer care for MTN’s subscribers by leveraging cloud-native solutions and advanced AI capabilities to drive customer-centric innovation and operational excellence.
Wielding the Genesys Cloud CX Platform The Genesys Cloud CX platform, a pivotal component of this transformative
program is engineered with cutting-edge AI capabilities.
It incorporates natural language processing to understand customer queries more intuitively and machine learning algorithms to adapt and improve over time.
These advanced technologies work in tandem to provide real-time insights and analytics that are invaluable for decision-making.
AI-Driven Analytics For MTN’s expansive network of thousands of agents, this means the ability to offer
a service that is not just efficient but also highly personalized. The platform’s AI-
driven analytics allow agents to understand customer behavior and preferences
and tailor interactions to individual needs.
This level of customization significantly enhances customer satisfaction and fosters loyalty, setting a new standard for customer engagement in the telecommunications industry.
Cornerstone for Reimagining Customer Care “As we navigate the complexities of a digital world, this transition to a leading-edge
cloud-native Contact Centre as a Service (CCaaS) solution serves as a cornerstone
for reimagining customer care,” says MTN’s Group Chief Information Officer, Nikos
Angelopoulos. “Our collaboration with Accenture and Genesys produced a scalable
and adaptable solution that empowers our agents to better serve customers and
positions us for long-term growth and operational efficiency.”
Cornelia van Heerden, Executive Customer Experience Operations for MTN South
Africa, adds, “We aim to go beyond resolving queries to becoming a trusted partner
in our customers’ digital journeys, offering a seamless experience across multiple
Adapting to Customers Changing Needs Over the past year, MTN Operating Companies in several countries, including South
Africa, Nigeria, and Uganda have successfully transitioned to the Genesys Cloud CX
platform. “This initiative is a testament to our resolve to adapt and grow with our
customers, proactively meeting their ever-changing needs,” says Enzo Scarcella,
MTN’s Group Chief Consumer Officer.
In South Africa alone, the transformation has yielded a 40% year-on-year reduction
in call volume, demonstrating the initiative’s immediate impact on operational excellence.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.