MTN (JO: MTNJ ) South Africa says Telecom Italia (MI: TLIT ) executive Michele Gamberini will become its new Chief Technology and Information Officer (CTIO). His appointment is effective 1 February 2022.
Gamberini joins MTN from Telecom Italia (TIM Group) where he gained 25 years of experience across the business at TIM Italy and most recently in the position of Global Group CTIO.
Having worked in Italy, Spain, Greece and supported Brazilian technological choices, Gamberini had the unique experience of preparing the network evolution ahead of the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens. He holds a master’s degree in electronics engineering.
MTN SA’s Chief Executive Officer, Charles Molapisi says “MTN SA has established itself as the benchmark for what network quality should be while also driving massive and compelling enhancements in the IT space. As we work toward our Ambition2025 strategy which is anchored on building the largest and most valuable platform business, I believe that Gamberini’s wealth of experience will have a notable contribution towards enhancing our technology functions as well as providing a network that is second to none to all South Africans.”
Commenting on his appointment, Gamberini says: “I am delighted to be joining such a high-performing business and a team within the technology and information systems environment that have proven themselves to be amongst the best in the world.
“I am most looking forward to continuing and growing the exceptional work the MTN network team has delivered over the years.”
Also read: MTN South Africa Appoints Insider Megan Nicholas As MD For Supersonic
Megan Nicholas, Supersonic CEO MTN South Africa announced today it has appointed insider Megan Nicholas as MD for Supersonic, the network provider’s fibre and broadband internet service provider.
Her appointment is effective 01 January 2022.
Currently, General Manager for Residential at MTN South Africa, Nicholas’s internal appointment is a strategic move from MTN to ensure continuous customer growth in the residential market, of which MTN aspires to own 30% market share across all technologies by 2025.
“Residential broadband delivery is a critical strategic focus, as we work to bring our superior network and service into more of our customer’s homes. This battle for the home market needs a leader of Megan’s calibre, expertise and experience,” MTN SA’s Chief Executive Officer, Charles Molapisi, says.
The post MTN SA Taps Telecom Italia Executive As New CTIO appeared first on TechFinancials - Reliable Tech News In South Africa .
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.