Hawaii police have concluded that the fatal shooting of Lindani Myeni was justified.
In addition, no charges against the officers involved will be filed.
The month-long investigation found the two officers had no choice but to shoot Myeni.
According to bodycam footage, the officers tried multiple times to subdue him.
Myeni’s wife has filed a wrongful death lawsuit, claiming that police discriminated against an unarmed black man.
Investigators say there was no evidence that race played a role in the case.
Two of the officers have returned to work, and a third is still recovering.
Share with your network! The post Myeni Shooting Was Justified – Hawaii Police appeared first on iAfrica.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.