Nedbank (JO: NEDJ ) has announced the launch of the new Nedbank American Express Platinum Card in South Africa. Both new and existing Nedbank American Express Platinum Card Members can now enjoy an extensive range of enhanced lifestyle, travel and service benefits and a sleek metal card.
The new Platinum Card benefits include exclusive dining discounts of up to 20% at 30 premium restaurants across the country, 30% off at aha Hotels & Lodges, a range of discount offers of up to 50% off from home décor, food, liquor and beauty services providers, and up to R500 back annually in statement credits when paying with a Platinum Card for three months of streaming services at Spotify, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Audible, and more.
The new benefits are in addition to existing benefits that Card Members can enjoy:
- Access to more than 1200 airport lounges worldwide
- Dedicated Platinum Concierge 24/7 travel and lifestyle services
- Protection coverage with insurance benefits such as Travel Insurance of up to R10 million
- Up to a 15% discount on car rental, upgrades, and priority service from Hertz, Avis or SIXT
- An accelerated 1.5 Membership Rewards® points for every R5 of eligible spend.
“We are excited to launch the new metal American Express Platinum Card”, said Thabo Monkhe, Head of Retail Trading at Nedbank.
“We know that American Express Card Members value the wide range of specially curated benefits and services that come with their Card. The new Platinum benefits align to the changing world in which our Card Members live and significantly enhance the experience they get from their Platinum Card.”
For a limited time, new Nedbank American Express Platinum Card Members may be eligible to get their Amex experience off to a flying start with 30 000 Membership Rewards points, as a once-off welcome bonus.
Membership Rewards points are automatically loaded onto a complimentary Membership Rewards Card which turns points into cash for Card Members to spend in whatever way they please – including paying with points at any American Express -accepting store around the world or withdrawing cash at any American Express -accepting ATM.
The new Platinum Card fee is R490, charged on a monthly basis.
In the past, Card Members were required to pay their Platinum Card fee annually in arrears. Moving to monthly fee offers Card Members an easier way of managing their Card expenses throughout the year.
The metal card will be immediately available to new Card Members and will be rolled out to existing Card Members on their Card Membership anniversary date or card renewal date, whichever comes first.
The post Nedbank Introduces New American Express Platinum Card In Metal appeared first on TechFinancials - Reliable Tech News In South Africa.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.