Nedbank’s (JO: NEDJ ) Avo Super app has gained more than 2 million users since its launch on the app stores in June 2020, a 1.9-fold increase year-on-year and a near five-fold increase in the number of active users.
Nedbank informed investors today that Avo now has access to over 12 000 drivers in its delivery fleet across the country as product orders continue to grow exponentially.
By the end of 2022, more than 20 000 businesses (a 15% increase) were registered to offer their products and services on this e-commerce platform.
Avo is a super app that allows customers to buy essential products and services online and have them delivered to their homes, with seamless, secure payments and credit enabled by Avo’s digital wallet and Nedbank.
Nedbank also shared that Avo Auto now hosts over 200 MFC-accredited dealers and more than 8 000 vehicles are available on the platform.
Avo Auto is a virtual vehicle shopping mall that was launched in August 2021.
In April 2022, Nedbank launched Avo B2B Marketplace, which makes it easier for business buyers and sellers to connect anywhere, anytime on a secure platform.
Nedbank added that Avo has also continued to increase the number of its partners to drive scale. The latest partnerships with Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ), Dell and Uber Direct highlight Avo’s growing appeal as a destination marketplace that helps global brands and manufacturers achieve their growth ambitions.
“The launch of Avo in our first subsidiary, Nedbank Africa Regions, is planned for the first quarter of 2023,” the company said.
In recognition of the progress we have made, Nedbank won the Excellence in Innovation Banking App South Africa (Nedbank Avo) Award at the Global Banking and Finance Awards 2022.
Also read: Vodacom’s Super App VodaPay Adds 800 000 New Registered Users
VodaPay super app Vodacom announced today that its Super App, VodaPay, has added 800 000 new users in the quarter ended 31 December 2022.
The VodaPay super app is available for download from Apple and Android app stores.
VodaPay delivers a digital shopping, lifestyle and financial platform for consumers and businesses.
“In addition to delivering value to shareholders by ensuring the smooth integration of Vodafone (LON: VOD ) Egypt into the Vodacom Group, we remain firmly focused on our purpose of connecting people for a better future and, in particular, assisting customers impacted by cost of living constraints,” said Shameel Joosub, Vodacom Group CEO.
“A prime example of delivering on this promise was through our recent innovative summer campaign whereby customers in South Africa, our largest market, benefited from Vodabucks rewards, which were convertible into cash and could be used for purchases on the VodaPay super-app.
“While producing even greater value to customers, this mechanism also showcases an evolution in the Vodacom ecosystem that resulted in a significant uplift in downloads of the VodaPay super-app, breaking through the 4.5 million mark, with 2.7 million registered users.”
The post Nedbank’s Avo Super App Reaches 2 Million Users appeared first on TechFinancials - Reliable Tech News.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.