Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX ) today announced the release of its upcoming supernatural drama The Brave Ones, launching this Spring, on 16 September 2022.
Created by renowned film director, writer and actor Akin Omotoso, the captivating six-episode series unfolds in the parallel worlds of modern-day South Africa and the supernatural world of African gods and divine beings.
Set in modern-day South Africa, this captivating supernatural series is inspired by the rich mythology of African gods and divine beings.
It tells the story of ordinary township girl Ntsiki, who discovers she is a mystical being who must harness her powers to protect the community and avenge her sister’s murder.
Ntsiki Gasa (Sthandile Nkosi) is a mystical being reincarnated as a human who sets out to avenge her sister’s death.
However, Ntsiki faces a powerful and determined enemy in Ayanda Mbatha (Nomalanga Nkosi), the ruthless wife of an equally heartless land-grabbing property developer, Luthando Mbatha, Tony Kgoroge, who has her own compelling reasons for exploiting the powers of The Brave Ones.
To defeat her formidable enemies and save her family from destruction, Ntsiki must learn to use and harness her superpowers.
Breathing life into the diverse and dramatic characters of The Brave Ones are the actors Bonko Khoza, Zamani Mbatha, Pheello Kotelo and Sthandiwe Kgoroge. The legendary Yule Masiteng delivers a powerful act as the all-knowing elder, Ndyebo.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.