Volkswagen’s new T-Roc will retail from Volkswagen (ETR: VOWG_p ) dealers on 5 July 2022. The T-Roc is positioned between the recently launched Taigo and the Tiguan in Volkswagen’s T SUV model range. Since market introduction in 2020, the Volkswagen T-Roc has sold 4 490 units in South Africa.
The Design equipment line (available in the 1.4 TSI with 110kW and 2.0 TSI with 140kW) is offered with two-tone paintwork, chrome elements, background interior lighting and convenience seats. Standard features include LED headlights and taillights, a leather-wrapped multi-functional steering wheel (with paddle shift, Adaptive Cruise Control, High-Beam Control Light Assist and Autonomous Emergency Braking with Front Assist), multi-colour Digital Cockpit, 2-zone climatronic air-conditioner, Comfort Package with keyless entry, Composition Media Radio, 17-inch alloy wheels, Park Assist with Park Distance Control and silver anodised roof rails.
The T-Roc R-Line features a striking, sporty bumper design and multi-function sports steering wheel with touch control. In addition to the standard features in the Design equipment line, the T-Roc R-Line also comes available with the Sports Comfort Package (Sport suspension, progressive steering and keyless entry), Nappa leather seats, Driver Assistance System with lane keeping system and lane change assist, 19-inch Misano alloy wheels, Digital Cockpit Pro, IQ.Drive Package for R-Line (Autonomous Emergency Braking with Front Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control with speed limiter and Proactive passenger protection system for Front Assist and Side Assist) and a Lava Stone dashboard, centre console and front door trim panel inserts.
The entry-level engine offering in the new Volkswagen T-Roc range is the four-cylinder 1.4 TSI with maximum output of 110kW and 250 Nm of torque. It is coupled with an 8-speed Tiptronic transmission, with the top speed being 205km/h. Fuel consumption is 6.3 l/100km and it takes 8.4 seconds to reach 100 km/h.
The T-Roc range is rounded off with the 2.0 TSI engine with 140 kW of power and 320Nm of torque. The 2.0 TSI engine, which is combined with 4MOTION as standard, is coupled with a 7-speed DSG® transmission. The top speed is 216 km/h. Fuel consumption is 7.3 l/100km and it takes just 7.2 seconds to reach 100 km/h.
Recommended Retail Price (VAT and emissions tax included)
|T-Roc Design 1.4 TSI 110kW Tiptronic||R563 800|
|T-Roc Design 2.0 TSI 140kW 4MOTION DSG®||R627 300|
|T-Roc R-Line 2.0 TSI 140kW 4MOTION DSG®||R660 400|
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.