New Volvo XC40 P6 Recharge Pure Electric Confirmed For South Africa
Volvo Car South Africa has confirmed the new pure electric XC40 P6 Recharge will soon join its increasingly electrified range of vehicles.
While the XC40 P8 Recharge AWD already available in South Africa employs twin electric motors (one on each axle), the P6 features a single unit – permanently sealed and maintenance free – mounted at the front. With peak outputs of 170 kW and 330 Nm, the new front-wheel-drive variant offers lively performance, completing the obligatory 0-100 km/h sprint in just 7.4 seconds.
Thanks to a low-mounted, high-voltage 69 kWh lithium-ion battery, the P6 Recharge is able to travel up to 423 km* on a single charge. Fitted with a powerful 11 kW onboard charger as standard, the vehicle provides competitive charging capabilities whether plugging in at home or at public points.
The XC40 P6 Recharge utilises a shift-by-wire, single-speed transmission featuring a short gear ratio, resulting in sprightly off-the-line acceleration, improved hill-climbing ability and increased towing capacity (which matches that of the twin-motor model at 1 500 kg braked).
According to Greg Maruszewski, Managing Director at Volvo Car South Africa, the single-motor electric version of the Swedish firm’s popular compact SUV delivers a pleasing mix of performance and efficiency, and provides a compelling option for customers looking to switch to a pure electric Volvo.
“Just like the twin-motor version, the XC40 P6 Recharge serves up tremendous on-road refinement, yet still boasts more than enough power to be exceedingly fun to drive. In addition, its high level of energy efficiency results in a usable range in excess of 400 km, all with the benefits of zero tailpipe emissions,” said Maruszewski.
The imminent market launch of the latest pure electric Volvo moves the Gothenburg-based luxury automaker another step closer to its global ambition of transforming into a fully electric car company by 2030. Local pricing and specification details for the new XC40 P6 Recharge will be revealed in due course.
*Range is according to WLTP driving cycles and real-world range may vary. Figures are based on preliminary target. Final vehicle certification pending
The post New Volvo XC40 P6 Recharge Pure Electric Confirmed For South Africa appeared first on TechFinancials - Reliable Tech News In South Africa.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or