Chinese EV maker, Nio Inc. (NYSE: NIO ) announced Monday that the company will officially launch their new EC6 on Friday, September 15th.
Nio will hold a launch event starting at 8 pm to launch the all-new EC6, a smart electric coupe SUV, the Chinese electric vehicle maker announced today.
Last week, a Weibo (NASDAQ: WB ) user quoted Nio's co-founder and president, Qin Lihong, who mentioned at a partner conference that Nio is gearing up to unveil the new EC6 on September 15 and will commence deliveries shortly thereafter.
During an analyst call held on August 29, Nio's management discussed their plans to launch and start delivering the upgraded mid-size coupe SUV, the EC6, in September. This launch marks the completion of a full product transition based on the NT 2.0 platform, as per the company's announcement made after reporting its second-quarter earnings.
The Nio App has recently updated its EC6 page, allowing consumers to start making reservations for this model.
Customers now have the option to place a deposit of RMB 5,000 (approximately $680) to secure their reservation for the upcoming EC6 model. By doing so, they will gain access to exclusive pre-sale perks for a limited time. Additionally, those who pre-order will have the opportunity to earn Nio Credits rewards valued at RMB 1,000 when they finalize their order.
Shares of NIO are up 2.54% in afternoon trading on Monday.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.