By Christiana Sciaudone
Investing.com -- Not so fast.
Rumors of a takeover circulated last week, which Piper analyst James Fish said would make strategic sense and help Cisco in the cloud world, but Cisco has said it isn't interested in large M&A, according to Seeking Alpha.
Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM ) would "make more sense" as a takeover target for Cisco.
Fastly has rallied more than 300% this year, as one of its biggest customers, TikTok (yes, that TikTok), has had a banner year with the U.S. population largely stuck at home trying to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
In October Fastly slumped a day after the company released disappointing third-quarter revenue, which dragged down other cloud providers.
Fastly cited lower spending from TikTop, a top customer, amid ongoing U.S.-China tensions.
“Due to the impacts of the uncertain geopolitical environment, usage of Fastly’s platform by its previously disclosed largest customer did not meet expectations, resulting in a corresponding significant reduction in revenue from this customer,” the company said in a statement at the time.
A deadline for ByteDance to sell TikTok's U.S. operations on Friday passed and negotiations appear to be ongoing, according to Cnet. ByteDance struck a preliminary deal with Oracle (NYSE: ORCL ) and Walmart (NYSE: WMT ).
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.