PayPal Holdings, Inc. (PYPL) today announced that its Board of Directors has appointed senior Intuit executive,
The appointment follows a thorough CEO search process, conducted by the Board over the last number of months, with the mandate to appoint a next generation leader with extensive global payments, product, and technology experience, capable of driving growth across the PayPal platform for years to come.
Chriss has the unanimous support of the Board and its CEO search committee following extensive engagement and evaluation across all of the key metrics that are critical to PayPal's future success.
Chriss is a seasoned and highly successful business leader, steeped in technology and product leadership experience who, since
Chriss currently serves on Intuit's executive leadership team and has led a global organization of thousands of colleagues that delivered QuickBooks and Mailchimp to millions of users around the world. The businesses he has overseen and led at Intuit have become market leading end-to-end customer growth engines and platforms for small and mid-market companies and entrepreneurs to enable them to grow and run their business with confidence. During the five years that Chriss led the Small Business segment, he grew its customers and revenues at a compound annual growth rate of 20% and 23%, respectively. In 2021, he led Intuit's successful
Chriss joined Intuit 19 years ago, serving in increasing levels of leadership across the company, including creating Intuit's Partner & Developer Platform, leading the Self-Employed Solutions team and then serving as the Small Business Group's Chief Product Officer from 2017 to 2019. During that time, he oversaw and implemented multiple strategic initiatives that transformed businesses inside Intuit into sustainable growth engines for the company.
"With his depth of experience in product development, his passion for serving customers and his longstanding commitment to empowering and enabling small businesses, and his proven track record of developing and inspiring his team, Alex is the perfect leader to take PayPal forward and accelerate the company's growth opportunities," said
"On behalf of the Board, I also want to thank
Schulman will remain on the board of the company until its next annual meeting of stockholders in
"PayPal is an extraordinary company that plays a critical role in the lives of consumers and merchants all over the world," said
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.