Peloton to Offer Items at Dick's Sporting Goods Stores - Statement
By Scott Kanowsky
Investing.com -- Shares in Peloton Interactive, Inc. (NASDAQ: PTON ) fell on Thursday after the company announced that it will begin selling its exercise bikes, treadmills, and other fitness items at retailer Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. (NYSE: DKS ) stores.
In a statement, Peloton said the move will help it expand its customer base. The company has recently seen sales wane as more people ditch their at-home equipment and return to gyms, following the relaxation of COVID-19 restrictions.
Dick's will become the first and only brick-and-mortar outlet, apart from Peloton's own sales channels, to sell the New York City-based firm's products.
"Peloton is a powerful brand with a very loyal following and a product mix that's compelling for any fitness enthusiast," said Will Swisher, senior vice president at Dick's. "Being able to offer Peloton to our athletes – and to provide an in-store experience for them to see and test products – gives us and Peloton extended reach into the fitness market."
The rollout is slated to start early in the holiday season, with Peloton's items set to be made available in more than 100 Dick's locations and on its e-commerce platform.
Shares in Dick's were in the red in early U.S. trading.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or