Investing.com - Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras ADR reported on Friday first quarter earnings that missed analysts' forecasts and revenue that topped expectations.
Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras ADR announced earnings per share of -0.74 on revenue of 17.14B. Analysts polled by Investing.com anticipated EPS of 0.11 on revenue of 14.48B. That with comparison to EPS of 0.16 on revenue of 21.22B in the same period a year before.Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras ADR had reported EPS of 0.38 on revenue of 18.61B in the previous quarter.Analysts are expecting EPS of -0.23 and revenue of 7.59B in the upcoming quarter.
Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras ADR shares are down 62.11% from the beginning of the year and are trading at 6.04 , down-from-52-week-high.They are under-performing the EUR/USD which is down 0% year to date.
Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras ADR follows other major Energy sector earnings this month
Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras ADR's report follows an earnings beat by Exxon Mobil on Friday, May 1, 2020, who reported EPS of 0.53 on revenue of 56.16B, compared to forecasts EPS of 0.01 on revenue of 53.53B.
Chevron had beat expectations on Friday, May 1, 2020 with first quarter EPS of 1.29 on revenue of 31.5B, compared to forecast for EPS of 0.65 on revenue of 29.14B.
Stay up-to-date on all of the upcoming earnings reports by visiting Investing.com's earnings calendar
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.