By Dhirendra Tripathi
Investing.com – Pfizer stock (NYSE: PFE ) rose 0.4% on Monday after it said its Covid-19 vaccine was found to be safe for children aged 5 to 11 years.
Its German partner, BioNTech (NASDAQ: BNTX ), traded 4.4% weaker.
“In participants 5 to 11 years of age, the vaccine was safe, well tolerated and showed robust neutralizing antibody responses,” the company said in a note.
The companies tested a two-dose regimen of 10 micrograms that was administered three weeks apart. The note said the companies plan to submit data to the Food and Drug Administration and other regulators “as soon as possible."
For the U.S., the companies expect to include the data in a near-term submission for emergency use authorization as they accumulate the safety and efficacy data required to file for full FDA approval in this age group, they said.
Results in children under 5 years of age are expected as soon as later this year, the companies said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.