Pick n Pay Smart Shopper has introduced ‘Smart Hopper’ – an exciting game in its relaunched app which customers can play daily to win vouchers, helping them save even more.
The gameplay involves customers navigating through several levels, reminiscent of classic arcade games, as they hop between virtual shelves to collect products. The game gets progressively more challenging, and the rewards increase as customers unlock new levels. The enticing rewards include 5X Smart Shopper points on select products or categories, bonus points for fuel purchases at BP, and exclusive cash-off vouchers.
The game can be played daily so regular players can accumulate up to seven vouchers per week. A reward is received for each new level unlocked, resetting every Monday for customers to earn more rewards.
Smart Hopper The ‘Smart Hopper’ reward voucher is instantly available on the Smart Shopper app to load onto customer’s cards. Customers then need to swipe their card in-store to enjoy their boosted rewards.
“In a challenging economy, customers want and need more value. Smart Hopper is good fun for customers to play – simple yet challenging. But it is also a creative way for us to engage with our customers and reward them for it, over and above the benefits our customers already get by swiping their card,” says Wayne Mhlanga, Digital Transformation Officer at Pick n Pay. Smart Shopper customers already receive various cash-off discounts when swiping their loyalty card while also earning points to use as cash back for future shops.
“The game has been a hit with thousands of customers on our app since we went live with Smart Hopper this month. We already have die-hard players who are determined to reach level 7,” adds Mhlanga.
This gamification initiative is part of Pick n Pay’s broader strategy to position its loyalty programme as the most engaging loyalty programme in South Africa.
The retailer also recently introduced ‘Smart Shopper Happy Hour’ on its newly relaunched Smart Shopper app. This first-of-its-kind feature provides massive discount vouchers for registered members to claim on a first-come basis and shop in-store during a specified one-hour slot.
“Thousands of customers have participated in Smart Shopper Happy Hour, and over a million rand in discount vouchers have been redeemed in less than a month. We will extend some of our Smart Shopper Happy Hour vouchers this festive season to be valid for the full day for more customers to participate,” says Mhlanga.
These vouchers offer huge savings. Past vouchers included R500 off a shop over R1000 and 50% off an entire shop
Smart Hopper The relaunched Smart Shopper app is fast becoming a compelling mobile platform to engage South Africans. It has grown its active user base tenfold since relaunching in October 2023. The app enables Smart Shoppers to engage with the programme entirely digitally if they choose to, from signing up to swiping virtually in-store.
The post Pick n Pay Smart Shopper Unveils ‘Smart Hopper’ Game In App Relaunch, Daily Voucher Wins For Extra Savings appeared first on TechFinancials - Reliable Tech News.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.