By Scott Kanowsky
Investing.com -- Shares in Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG Preferred (F: P911_p ) debuted on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange on Thursday, as owner Volkswagen (ETR: VOWG_p ) hopes to raise about €9.4 billion in one of the largest European initial public offerings on record.
VW priced 12.5% of preference shares in the famous car brand at €82.50 per share, hitting the top end of its previously estimated range and valuing the company at approximately €75 billion. These shares do not hold any voting rights.
The listing will also see the Porsche-Piëch families snap up 25% plus one share in ordinary shares in the Stuttgart-based group at a 7.5% premium.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.