Pre-Open Stock Movers:
Amylyx Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: AMLX ) 75% HIGHER; announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administrations (FDA) Peripheral and Central Nervous System Drugs Advisory Committee (PCNSDAC) voted (7 yes votes and 2 no votes) that the available evidence of effectiveness is sufficient to support approval of AMX0035 (sodium phenylbutyrate and taurursodiol [also known as ursodoxicoltaurine]) for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
Asana Inc (NYSE: ASAN ) 23% HIGHER; reported Q2 EPS of ($0.34), $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.39). Revenue for the quarter came in at $134.9 million versus the consensus estimate of $127.27 million. Asana sees Q3 2023 EPS of ($0.33)-($0.32), versus the consensus of ($0.32). Asana sees Q3 2023 revenue of $138.5-139.5 million, versus the consensus of $137.6 million. In addition, CEO Dustin Moskovitz bought $350 million in stock in a private placement.
American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE: AEO ) 14% LOWER; reported Q3 EPS of $0.04, $0.10 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.14. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.2 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.2 billion. Pausing quarterly cash dividend to provide additional financial flexibility.
Torrid Holdings Inc (NYSE: CURV ) 12% LOWER; reported Q2 EPS of $0.22, $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.24. Revenue for the quarter came in at $340.9 million versus the consensus estimate of $340.77 million. Torrid Holdings Inc. sees Q3 2022 revenue of $290-305 million, versus the consensus of $306.8 million. Torrid Holdings Inc. sees FY2022 revenue of $1.26-1.3 billion, versus the consensus of $1.31 billion.
GameStop (NYSE: GME ) 11% HIGHER; GameStop reported Q2 EPS of ($0.35), $0.07 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.42). Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.14 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.27 billion. Also, announced that it has entered into a partnership with FTX US.
Rivian Automotive Inc (NASDAQ: RIVN ) 10% HIGHER; Mercedes‑Benz Vans, full-range provider of electric private and commercial vans, and electric vehicle manufacturer Rivian, have today announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding to initiate a strategic partnership. The partnership will enable the companies to cooperate on the production of electric vans.
Grid Dynamics Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: GDYN ) 8% LOWER; announced the pricing of an underwritten public offering of 5,714,286 shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $17.50 per share
Wayfair Inc (NYSE: W ) 7% LOWER; intends to offer $600 million aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes due 2027 (the notes) in a private offering (the offering) to qualified institutional buyers.
Franklin Resources (NYSE: BEN ) 2% LOWER; BofA Securities downgraded from Neutral to Underperform with a price target of $25.00 (from $28.00).
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD ) 1% HIGHER; Stifel initiates coverage with a Buy rating and a price target of $122.00.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.